Current Plan Goals
At the beginning of the last Five Year Plan, the Atlantic Region had three clusters that were sustaining 100 or more core activities. Quickly, we set out to ensure that every grouping in each subregion had such a cluster, one that could serve as a reservoir of human resources and experience.
As the work in neighborhoods became the focus of attention, the next horizon became increasingly clear: to increase the number of centers of intense activity. Every cluster past the Second Milestone would need to establish such a center, and all clusters past the Third Milestone would have to develop the capacity to sustain multiple centers.
The National Spiritual Assembly’s call for every household to establish a regular devotional gathering appear to have stimulated greater focus and attention among the generality of the friends on the exigencies of the Plan, significantly increasing the number of devotional gatherings and their corresponding participation. The next step is to build the capacity of those involved in every devotional space to invite others into the Training Institute, drawing on a sequence of capacities described in the 3 May 2018 letter of the International Teaching Center.
The linked and regularly updated map shows cluster groupings, individual clusters and their Milestone status. To see the map in full-screen view, click on the icon in the upper right corner of the map. A downloadable PDF map is also available at this link
Framework Guiding the One-Year Plan
In light of our collective consultations around the 25 November 2020 and Ridván 2021 messages of the Universal House of Justice, we can view our goals in the table below in context of the following among the aims of the One Year Plan in the Atlantic Region:
- The movement of all clusters along the continuum of development.
- An increase in the number of clusters with at least one center of intense activity, as well as in the number of clusters past the Third Milestone with multiple such centers.
- The engagement of large numbers of youth, many of whom will dedicate periods of time to the service of the Cause, whether they are formally enrolled or not.
- The existence of a basic junior youth program emerging in each cluster past the Second Milestone, and of a junior youth group in each cluster moving from the first to the Second Milestone. This will require dedicated human resources to closely follow this line of action and how the Training Institute pursues it.
- A doubling of the number of core activities, and participation in them, by Ridván 2022.
- A process of learning about enrollment in one, two or a handful of centers of intense activity, as well as in a few expanding nuclei among the generality of friends.
|Projected movement of Clusters||Current||Achieved by April 2021||by October 2021||Total by Ridvan 2022|
(systematic action in multiple core activities
carried out by a number of active participants)
(-3 to M3)
(100+ core activities)